Yesterday my husband and I were guests at Scott and Elisa’s beautiful outdoor wedding in Chestertown, Maryland. Scott is a friend of mine from college. So, it was good to see old friends from my Case Western Reserve University days and to catch up with their lives. The wedding was set on the banks of the Chester River which made for some great photographs. Unfortunately, the seats we were in didn’t allow a view for much of the ceremony as there was a big tree in the way and we were near the back, but at least we were in the shade which kept us cooler than most of the rest of the guests who were sitting in the sun. Below are some of my favorite shots from the evening.
Posts tagged: Maryland
Dana and Allan stayed with us this weekend, and we all traveled together to Maryland for Megan and John’s wedding on Saturday. It was a great celebration. It was fun to see so many CWRU friends again! The weekend seemed to just go by way too fast, though.
This past weekend, I enjoyed an afternoon celebrating at my friend Megan’s bridal shower. It was a fun time!
This list should be helpful for other photographers in the area and a good reference for me as well as I seek to become part of the community here in the DC area. (I moved here about a year and half ago from Ohio. So, I’m still looking to meet new people and create worthwhile connections.) If you are a member of any of these groups, please comment about your experiences and if you think the group would be worthwhile for others. Also, if you know of any other groups in the area, please comment about those as well.
Local Photo Clubs
- Baltimore Camera Club
- Bowie-Crofton Camera Club
- Digital Photography Club of Annapolis
- FONZ Photo Club
- Gaithersburg Camera Club
- Loudoun Photo Club
- Manassas-Warrenton Camera Club
- McLean Photo Club
- NIH Camera Club
- North Bethesda Camera Club
- Northern Virginia Photographic Society
- Reston Photographic Society
- Silver Spring Camera Club
- Vienna Photographic Society
- Washington School of Photography Photo Club
Local Meetup Groups
- Alexandria Photography Workshop
- Baltimore/D.C. Photographic Explorers
- DC Area Fine Art Figure & Glamour Photography Workshops
- Fashion in the DMV
- Fredericksburg Photography Meetup
- Montgomery County Photography Meetup
- Shutterbug Excursions
- Strobist (DC area)
- The Stuck Creative
- The Carriage House Studio
- Washington Photography Meetup Group
- When Everyone Else Is Working Photography Meetup
This past weekend my husband, Nick, and I spent the weekend at a very cute bed & breakfast called Brampton Inn in Chestertown, Maryland. Unfortunately, it rained the entire weekend, but we made the best of it by checking out the little Maryland town, building a fire, spending lots of time snuggling, and eating delicious food.